I'm not sure anyone's actually out there reading this except for my best friend (and reason I'm doing this) but in a way that's the most appealing part about it. Actual readers are just a bonus to the idea of an empty void to scream about music into.
I'm getting ahead of myself, where are my manners! An introduction is definitely in order:
You can call me CD (he/they)! I'm a 19 year old graphic design student from the Toronto area who just really fucking loves music and art and the history that surrounds itl. I listen to all sorts of stuff from modern electronic hyperpop to rnb to classic punk to death metal, but 2000s emo and alt rock music has always been my bread and butter (at least for the past 11 years or so). I'm a queer south asian artist/designer with ADHD and yes I DO make it my whole personality so discussions of all of that are likely to seep into whatever I write.
I started this blog because I disliked social media and wanted to infodump into a void alongside my best friend who also started one. I soon realized I really did love writing about music and how it intersected with my life and the world around me, so I started a tumblr blog as well and refocused the blog to be centred on music. I just wanna talk about bands in a void that will actually listen!!
This is a little blog where I infodump about music, share my thoughts and experiences with albums/artists/songs I adore, and reflect on how its impacted my life or the lives of those around me. Maybe I'll include some reviews, and i'll definetely be highlighting local acts around me as well. The point is to practice writing and share my thoughts on music, so if that sounds fun for you I do hope you'll stick around!
Signing off at 1:09 am with a new hope for the future!
this whole thing for me is also just yelling into a void- and if people see it they see it. AKA same. welcome to the void
ReplyDeleteglad im not alone in that and even more glad to be welcomed!!! thank you!!!!
DeleteWelcome to the void! :)
ReplyDeletehappy to be here :,)
Delete